Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Mouse on Skates

I hope you all had a wonderful Turkey Day...stuffed your faces with yummy food...and just enjoyed being with your family and the people you love!  We are so fortunate to have both of our parents so close!  It's great around the holidays when we can spend time with everyone. 

Tonight marks the last day of Thanksgiving break...ugh!  I really was getting used to staying in my pajamas late and doing whatever we wanted to do.  Back to reality I guess.  This evening my parents took our family and my sister's family to see Disney on Ice.  This is the second ice show from Disney we've seen and they are by far the best.  The stage is filled with characters and there is so much excitement...not to mention the toys and food they sell there.  It's an understatement to say the kids were spoiled tonight.  I guess if I had grandkids like these two who looked at me with those eyes, I wouldn't be able to say no either.  It was quite a show...enjoy the character pictures!

Isaiah and Ava before we left.  Isaiah wore the Dumbo hat we got at Disney World this summer and Ava was wearing the Mickey Mouse Santa hat we got there a few years ago.

What a cutie!

Someone is excited and ready to go!

Grandma and Ava before the show started.  The kids LOVED the Papa Johns pizza they sold there.  They both ate their entire giant slice!  Amazing!

Daddy and Isaiah eating pizza too.

Smiles with Grandpa and Grandma

Me and my Boo.  He wanted to show off how much pizza he had eaten and kept asking me, "Do you think I'll be able to eat the whole thing?"

Of course you have to have a snowcone in a Squirt cup...what's a show without that!

Isaiah loved his blue snowcone complete with a Mickey Mouse light-up cup.

The Magic Kingdom castle before the show started.

The most famous mouse in the world!

The whole gang

Goofy discovered the secret lantern...and who could be inside?

It's the Genie!

Aladdin
 
When you wish for one Genie...you never know what you'll get!

Nemo that cute clownfish

Marlin and Dory searching for Nemo.

Bruce...the fierce but friendly shark.

Minnie and Mickey's outfits were so cute!

Belle from Beauty and the Beast

Lumiere...

...and finally The Beast!

Gaston...the evil villain...trying to get the Beast.

At last the Beast is transformed and he and Belle live "happily ever after."

Ariel and Eric

Jasmine and Aladdin

Pocahontas and John Smith

Cinderella and Prince Charming

The green army men from Toy Story.

What could be inside this box?

 Not Woody...he's curious too!

Ahh...it's Buzz Lightyear!

Buzz himself!

Hee Yaw!  Woody's sidekick Jessie.

Another dance from Mickey and Minnie.

It's a Small World After All!  This was just like the ride.



How pretty is this?

Showing off a blue tongue at intermission.

Isaiah sporting his new Mickey crown.

And shoving in a little cotton candy.

Ava too...I haven't had that stuff in a while...it was good!

On with the show.  Donald leading the marching band with his drum.

Stitch...causing trouble as aways.

Jiminy Cricket

Tinkerbell flying in.

Pinocchio...his nose even grew!

Geppetto...Pinocchio's father 

The HUGE whale from the fairytale.

Mickey again...just looking at his character makes you want to be at Disney World.

Mulan

Daddy and Isaiah watching the Mulan section of the show.

The Emperor's Army getting ready to fight the Huns to save China.  This really is a good movie...very adventurous!

Mulan and Mushu the dragon.

The Incredible Family


The wise Rafiki...

...and Timon and Pumba.

Simba and Nala joined them and did a beautiful dance.

The finale with all the characters.

Fireworks over the castle...just like it would be every night over the Magic Kingdom.


We'll see you in less than a year Mickey!  Thanks for a great show...and thanks Mom and Dad for the tickets and for spoiling the kids with goodies!
 
 
My Three Happy's:
1)  Are you aware of how cute baby girl clothes are?  I must have forgotten how tiny and adorable they are.  We went to Target the other day and Ava helped me pick out a few...well...lots of new stuff for the baby.  She was all about it!  Our new little girl is kicking every day...her favorite time of day seems to be between 7 and 9 at night.  Probably because that's actually the time I finally sit down for the day.  I can't help but notice her profile in the ultrasound pictures.  She has the same little nose as her big brother and sister.  She's going to be breathtaking!

Here is a picture taken on Thanksgiving Day of Julie and me!  Both due the same time with girls...and not only us...but my cousin Kim is due in January with a girl and my cousin Kayla is due in April with a girl too.  Lots of little beauties will be joining our family!
 
2) Making my first Christmas craft of the season!


What can you make with little brown envelopes, number stickers, scrapbook paper, and mini clothespins? 

An Advent Calendar...a little shout out of thanks goes out to Midwest Living magazine for the idea.

Starting December 1st...the kids will open up one envelope each day and get a little treat or small surprise.  I thought this would be a fun way to countdown the holiday. 
 
3) We finally have our real tree up.  It's full of white lights, a tree topper, and a few decorative spikes...but I can't seem to find the right ornaments to put on it.  I LOVE the smell of fresh pine. 
 
My Favorite Thing:
*While searching for baby colors for the nursery I've stumbled upon many ideas around the yellow/gray combination and have fallen in love with that color scheme.  I found a cute bedding set that my parents are buying for us...thanks Mom and Dad.  How adorable is this?  Love it!

 

 Migi Sweet Sunshine by Bananafish

No comments:

Post a Comment