It's so fun to live 15 minutes way from Iowa State and the Cyclones. The kids love football season just about as much as their Daddy! I'm not sure they really pay that much attention to the game, but love the food, marching band, cheerleaders, dance squad, Cy, tailgating, the hill they can run on...all that makes the Cyclone football season endless fun!
A few weekends ago we went to the Cyclone Fan Fest that was held at Hilton. This place was CROWDED with a capital C! Geez! I've never seen so many people. There were so many things to do that you had to pick and choose what you really wanted to get done in the time you were there...so it was face painting, a visit to the locker room, and trying out some football drills.
Ava wanted her picture with one of the ISU dance team members. We were watching them perform while we were waiting in line for face painting.
How silly is Isaiah!
We got to see lots of the football players signing autographs. We didn't even attempt to get in line for that. Although Andy's parents stood in line for an hour to get Isaiah an autographed football signed by Paul Rhoades. Now that's one of a kind!
A glimpse of part of the floor...busy, busy, busy. That wasn't even the upper area or the outdoor area.
Let the face painting begin. Ava wanted a Cyclone butterfly. When we got there I thought they were just going to do a basic "I-State" on their cheeks. Oh no...these people go all out.
Check out the detail!
Ava was so excited to see her face! She loved it!
Isaiah insisted that he sit in my lap while they painted his face. He wanted to be a tiger!
I love his face! He thought the fangs were pretty cool.
Isaiah doing a running drill. He ran through these squares and crashed into the pad at the end. The Iowa State football players ran these different stations.
Taking a picture in the basketball locker room. We've never been back there...it was neat!
Inside the locker room the trainers would tape your wrists or ankles. Isaiah wanted his wrists taped.
Ava wanted to have a "sprained" ankle.
Daddy, Ava, and Isaiah posing in the media room. Any future Cyclones sitting here?
The kids were doing a football throwing drill with the players.
On the way out we ran into one of Andy's old Gilbert players that he coached...Ben Durbin. Isaiah thought he was pretty cool to be picked up by this "big" football player.
At their season opener we sat in the first row...perfect for us and it gives us plenty of room. Isaiah checking things out. This kid decided to climb into Andy's lap and fall asleep for about an hour and a half. Did I mention this was right in front of the cannon that kept firing? This kid sleeps through ANYTHING!
My Bootles with her face tattoos and new pink headband. Although they had red and gold ones...she still wanted pink. She's all girl!
Go State!
One excited fan!
Ava just got done giving Cy a high five! Isaiah gave him one too...but later during the game.
Running up and down the hill. Mommy and Ava took a little break while Daddy watched the game and Isaiah slept. We ate popcorn, skittles, and played football.
Rolling down the hill was just as fun!
We'll be cheering on the Cyclones again this weekend! Go State!
My Three Happy's:
1) Yesterday we celebrated Andy's 33rd birthday at Perfect Games with his family. Everyone had a blast...I have pictures to post of that soon.
2) Today the kids and I went out to the Center Grove Apple Orchard to get our season passes. We LOVE this place. We were there for almost 3 hours today and the whole time we were there...there were only three other people. You can't beat that! I took TONS of pictures. That may have to be a slideshow in an upcoming post.
3) I had a really good day of school...you know...one of those days that just goes well, you get everything done, and the kids have fun. My Mom came to volunteer this morning...that was nice to have her help getting things done.
My Favorite:
**Oh my...have you ever had the apple donuts from the Center Grove Orchard? I brought home a dozen and I'm sure they will be close to being gone soon. We all love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment