Wow! Am I the worst blogger in the world or what? I really have no excuse except for that I'm so tired by the time I get home, cook dinner, and get the kids to bed. I want nothing other than the couch or my bed. So for those of you who "attempt" to check this in hopes of a new post everyday...I'm truly sorry!
Every fall we get season passes to the apple orchard and head out there almost every Thursday. Andy has his football team meal that night so it's a perfect time for the kids and I to head out there right after school. We usually close the place down and stay almost three hours. Below are a few pictures and a slide show of the others I took.
The kids love their caramel apples! That's always a must when we get there...it makes for a yummy snack before we start with the fun.
Isaiah and Ava posing in front of the sign at the entrance.
Ava diving into the corn pool.
One happy Boo on the hayride!
We have 21 pumpkins at our house right now. Four of them are from the apple orchard; the other 17 are from the Blackmer's farm. They invite us out every year to pick pumpkins and gourds. So to say our house really is a pumpkin patch is pretty much true. Our yard has pumpkins everywhere...but I love it. The color orange...just another sign of fall!
Caramel Apples and Pumpkins
(click the link above to see the slide show)
My Happy's:
1) Tomorrow is my first "real" doctor's appointment. I get to hear the heartbeat and to me that is the first sign that I really do have a little miracle in my tummy. I'm just 3 months pregnant and of course don't feel anything moving yet. So it's sometimes hard to believe there's something really in there...well..except for my expanding belly!
2) The kids get their full bunk beds tomorrow. There's no rush throwing them in the same room yet. When they're ready. Ava told me tonight how excited she is to have Isaiah sleep in the same room as her. So that's a good sign I guess.
3) Dried cornstalks, lots of pumpkins, gourds, and a few metal pumpkins decorate our front yard. I'm missing my haystack still...but I love driving home each day to see the outside. The inside is almost decorated. All the decorations are out...just not 100% in the right place yet...again...no energy at night for anything!
My Favorite:
-Cocoa sounded good the other night so I got a chocolate caramel cocoa. I LOVE it. I think because it reminds me a little of how my coffee used to taste with the creamer I used...miss that sooooo much. The other night I made myself a nice warm little cup and got all cozy in the big chair. Ahhh...nothing like putting your feet up and warming up with a delicious drink!
No comments:
Post a Comment