What's exciting?
1) The fact that I finally started blogging again. Seriously...this was the longest that I've ever gone without posting something. With all that's been going on...I've just been soooo busy!
2) Back to School Night...on Tuesday afternoon we had teacher work day and my Mom brought the kids up so we could do their "Back to School Night." We went to their classrooms so they could drop off their supplies, see their new rooms, and meet their new teachers.
Here's Isaiah in his preschool classroom. He was all ready to go. The other day I asked him if he was excited for preschool. He said, "I don't like preschool...I LOVE it." I think his big sister has told him about all the fun things he will be doing. He starts tomorrow! My baby is in school! It can't be!
He picked out this Pottery Barn Star Wars backpack by himself. Isaiah's starting to unpack all the supplies he brought.
Why not try out the exercise bike they had in the classroom. He remembered this from when he came into Ava's room last year.
Miss Ava posing in front of her cubby in her kindergarten room. My...it's hard for me to say that. How can she be this old too? She picked out her Pottery Barn purple polka dot backpack too.
Ava with her new teacher Mrs. Upah. This lady is amazing. She's kind, gentle, caring, sweet, and is an outstanding teacher! Ava already loves her...although we have shed a few tears at recess and lunchtime. Ava told me that she doesn't like all the kids outside. She's used to her small preschool class of 16 and is transitioning into 140ish students. She's like her mother...she doesn't do well with change. In the classroom she's fine...we're just working through getting used to recess and lunch. It will get better...cross your fingers.
Our family on Back to School Night...all five of us!
3) The first day of Kindergarten!
Here is Ava before we left for her first day of kindergarten. She picked out her own outfit, got dressed and came out of her room that morning all ready to go, and was very excited. She loved the first two days...with the exception of recess and lunch...and came home exhausted!
4) The Ballard High School fall kickoff
The kids and I dressed in our full Ballard gear and headed up to the football stadium to watch Andy's team scrimmage and to watching the fall sports athletes get introduced. As I've mentioned in earlier posts the kids love concession stand food. Isaiah had nachos, a hotdog, popcorn, and licorice. Ava had 2 hotdogs, popcorn, and licorice. How cute are these two?
5) Isaiah's first day of preschool!
Tomorrow is Isaiah's official first day of 4 year old preschool. One of his jobs was to create a placemat to use for snack time. We used lots of Star Wars and smiley face stickers, pictures of our family, and a Cyclone picture to decorate it. He was very proud of it! He said, "I'm working really hard on this!" He decorated both sides, we laminated it, and now it's ready to go for tomorrow!
6) A Big Brother and Big Sister...did you catch the comment under the picture of our family at Back to School Night? If not...go back up and look! Our family of four will be turning into a family of five in April! We're having another baby!
I ordered an iron-on decal from Etsy and made shirts for the kids to wear when we told all the Grandpas and Grandmas. Isaiah proudly wore his and he says he wants a little brother.
Ava was excited to wear hers too and hopes for a little sister.
Mommy and her three babies...and I must say that my stomach is growing much faster than last time!!! I have a feeling it's going to be another big baby! Isaiah was 10 pounds and 6 ounces...they say your babies get bigger the more you have!
We have lots to celebrate so Andy and I ordered a cake to bring to school on Thursday...our first day back last week. We've done this for all our kids to announce my pregnancy. It was all gone by the end of the day...must have been good!
My Three Happy's:
1) My third little one...I can't wait to be a Mommy again! The kids will be an amazing big brother and big sister!
2) The weekend...yes it's about over...but after being on my feet for two days straight, I was ready for a break. I'm going through that tired phase right now...I know it will pass...I just hope sooner rather than later.
3)This afternoon we're taking the kids up to the ISU Cyclone Fest for kids. They have inflatables, you get to meet Cy, tour the football locker room, get tattoos, and lots of other cool stuff. I know the kids will love it!
My Favorite Thing:
*Albacore tuna with mayo and pickle relish on wheat bread...can we say pregnancy craving!
Congratulations, Amy and Andy!! Such wonderful news about baby #3! So happy for you and your growing family. Hope you're feeling well and are looking forward to the school year. Your students are so lucky to have you!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to be an Aunt again! And have Isabelle have another cousin to play with!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited to be grandma and grandpa again... with two grand babies coming in April! (Julie is expecting then too!) We are so blessed! :)
ReplyDelete