Seven years ago...I remember like it was yesterday. I thought my water had broke during the lunch hour at school and I was panicked! Andy took me to the hospital...they did some tests and sent us home. We stopped at B-Bops for a cheeseburger and fries...and then about 4 hours later we rushed back to the hospital for what seemed like the LONGEST labor in the world.
When the doctor put Ava in my arms for the first time I remember staring at her and thinking..."Is she really mine?" She was a little fussy that first night and wouldn't settle down. I remember listening to her lullaby CD...the same one she still listens to at night...holding her close, and just singing softly in her little ear. She drifted off to sleep. I still treasure the times when I read to Ava at night and I watch her little eyes close and she's off to dreamland. Seven years...seven years...I was warned how fast time would go. People kept telling me...she'll be grown up before you know it.
Miss Ava Lynn...you are loving, caring, thoughtful, kind, creative, artistic, and treasure the time you spend with your family. We love your giggle, your stories, the songs you sing and the dances you do, and how you can love your brother and sister so much. Your friends think you're wonderful and you do so many things that make us proud. Every day we are so thankful to have you in our lives and we are blessed beyond words to be your Mommy and Daddy.
Ava waking up this morning..she was so excited to open her gifts!!
Our birthday Bootles!
Isaiah loved watching and helping Ava build this "light-up" Lego candy shop.
Love you more than all the snowflakes in the sky.
Getting ready for her party!! Here you have it...a 7 year old beauty!
Ava and her Aunt Jody!!
Front and center...ready to open her gifts! We are so thankful for everyone who could come...Great Grandma and Grandpa Richardson, Grandma and Grandpa Richardson, Grandpa and Grandma Van Slyke, Aunt Julie, Uncle Kevin, Isabelle, Avrey, Aunt Karen, Uncle Alan, Uncle Dave, Aunt Jody, Tim, Uncle Darrell, Rayla, Kirstin, and Bryson. The house was full of family!
Our Little Clan!
Can I open these yet?
Yes!!
That smile is so precious!
Ready to sing and dig into that cake!
Someone loves his big Sis!
Ava worked this evening on building her Lego Pet Salon.
How pretty is that smile!!
My Three Happy's:
1) Starting "Elf on the Shelf" with the kids this morning. Last year we bought the book and they named him Christmas Tree. I'll be posting pictures of this little guy and all the things he does soon.
2) Having family over today. I LOVE entertaining people!
3) Random Acts of Kindness and Family Time..we'll be counting down the days until Christmas by showing others that we care and by spending more quality time together as a family.
My Favorite Thing:
**Parenthood...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that show!!
Happy Birthday sweet Ava! Thank you for inviting us to your party. We had such a fun time! We are so proud of you and love you sooooooo much! (noodles and popcorn, too) xo :)
ReplyDelete