5 months ago God blessed us with this precious miracle. I remember thinking...okay...we have two kids...we're done. When I look at Violet I can't imagine what life would be like without her. There was a reason that she came into our lives. Ava and Isaiah have grown up so much and are so good with her. They love her to pieces! Andy and I treasure our three children and are so thankful that God trusted us to be a Mommy and Daddy to them.
Violet makes us smile every day, her little cooing sounds and voice tell us fun stories in her own little language. She's discovered her voice and that she can make some goofy sounds. She is a talker...must get that from her Momma and Big Sis!
When trying out different veggies and fruits I saved peas for last. I thought...Ava and Isaiah hated peas...she probably will too. As it turns out I really think that it is her favorite vegetable so far...sweet potatoes following a close second. She loves all fruits so I'm not sure what her favorite is. At dinner she has a little sippy cup of water and is pretty good at holding onto the handles and taking sips by herself. What a big girl!
Violet still wakes up once a night to eat...I LOVE this time with her. The house is quiet, it's just the two of us cuddling, and then she goes right back to sleep. It gives me a chance to think about all the things I'm thankful for and to tell Violet how much I love her. I'm sure when she sleeps through the night again...because she was doing this for a while...I'll enjoy the solid night of sleep. But those little moments of time with her are priceless!
The kid rolls and scoots all over the place. I used to lay her on her playmat and run into the other room to get something. Those days are about over...she moves way too much and needs constant supervision. She's working on sitting up and can do it for a while but some days refuses and tries to push back so she can stand. I'd say that's her position of choice...standing...she always seems to add a few dance moves into the mix too. Violet loves her swing outside and seems to be okay with riding in the car. She used to cry and cry when we buckled her in...but now she seems happy as a clam.
Her favorite book is It's a Small World (a little Disney book with mirrors) and her favorite toys are her choo choo train and her new cash register. Ava and Isaiah love this one too since the scanner works with anything. She still loves chewing on her rings and caterpillar. I swear this kid is working on some teeth...who knows??
My little love on the day she was born.
My...how she's changed in 5 months. She loves sleeping on her side or on her tummy with her behind in the air...just like Ava.
A happy camper after dinner...green beans and bananas were on the menu tonight.
And she still has those HUGE blue eyes. I have a hard time getting her to smile for the camera. She becomes to distracted by the little red light that flashes before I take the picture and stares at that. Andy is much better at capturing those cute smiles! Look carefully...I'm sure you can spot the drool coming down her chin.
Happy 5 Months to You Miss Violet! Mommy, Daddy, Ava, Isaiah, and Jackson love you to pieces!
My Three Happy's:
1) Ahhhh...how nice is it to leave tomorrow morning for work and come back to a super clean house...Nichole our cleaning gal is coming tomorrow! Can't wait!
2) The fall decorations are coming out tomorrow evening...if I can convince Andy to dig out the containers. Since the house will be clean it's the perfect time to decorate.
3) The kids requested Green Eggs and Ham and waffles for dinner tonight. They were pretty excited to eat and devoured their food.
My Favorite Thing:
I love seeing Ava and Isaiah at school. Since Ava's in first grade I see her in the hallways, at lunch, and at recess often. She always has a smile for me and I usually sneak her a quick hug and kiss. Isaiah's classroom is not far from mine so I peek in a lot. It's so fun to see him interacting with his teacher and classmates. They both LOVE school!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHappy 5 months to sweet little Violet! How could she be that old already? We love her to pieces and she has already managed to wrap her little finger around us, just as the others have! We LOVE spending time with her and seeing her precious smile. Love you sooo much, Violet Lynn.
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandma V. xo