Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of School! First Day of School!

 
First Day of School!  First Day of School!  These are the famous lines quoted by that cute little clown fish Nemo!  He's so excited to explore the deep sea and all that it contains.  This year marks my oldest two loves embarking on a new learning journey into first grade and early kindergarten.  Ava and Isaiah were thrilled to start school today.  This morning was probably one of the very few mornings where they popped out of bed and got dressed in record time.  I love that they are at school with Andy and I all day.  We can pop our heads in to see how they are doing and I get to see Ava at recess and lunch everyday!  This year is going to be so much fun for them and they will learn a ton!
 

Miss Violet started going to Julie Emerson's house for daycare and she's been doing great!  Julie seriously has the magic touch! When I picked her up today her little notebook showed that she took one 2 hour nap in the morning and one 2 hour nap in the afternoon!    Go Violet!

Ava and Isaiah ready for their first day.  Mr. Isaiah did shed a few tears when Andy dropped him off but when Andy checked back he was happily involved in the different activities.  When we got home from school, Mrs. Astarita his teacher, sent some questions that we could ask Isaiah about his day.  He was thrilled to share about what crafts he did, what stories he heard, and what activities they did.  Ava showed me her "OWL" binder that Mrs. Schroeder sent home and the two activities that they did today.  She had a blast!

Me and my two loves before school started this morning.

Andy and his little babies...all grown up!  I must say that my husband looks very handsome in this picture!
 
 
The first week of school is absolutely exhausting but I love my job and there's nothing else I'd rather do!  Some of my little kiddos are going to be a challenge this year and I have the most kids I've had in 13 years!  But I know their little minds are eager to learn and are so excited to be at school. 
 
Happy 1st Day!
 
My Three Happy's:
1) I made it through the first day of school...it was a half day of school...but sooooo busy!
2) I planned some yummy meals for dinner this week. Tonight I made spicy chicken tacos.  These were made of shredded chicken, taco seasoning, salsa, and spinach.  The kids devoured them...I did leave the spinach off theirs.  Yeah...another recipe they love!  Tomorrow is slow cooked Chicken Cordon Bleu.
3) Miss Violet is starting to sit a little bit on her own.  She flops forwards sometimes but she's doing great!  I'm so proud of her!
 
 
My Favorite Thing:
 
 
My Aunt Barbie gave my Mom these earrings and she didn't care for them so they got passed onto me.  I love these fun orange earrings from Chicos.  There's something about adding a little bling to your outfit!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you both liked school the first two days. It is so much fun to meet new friends and learn new things. So glad we got to go the movie together and swim on your early outs. We love spending time with you. Love you so much! Love, Grandma & Grandmpa V. xo

    ReplyDelete