Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cupcake Wars

Cupcake Wars is a fun and creative show on the Food Network where teams compete to bake the most delicious and decorative cupcakes.  At our house this morning, you could say that we had our own little version of the Cupcake War.  We love, love, love the Family Fun magazine that we get each month in the mail and it's always filled with great ideas!  In this issue they had a beach themed octopus cupcake that looked like fun.  The kids love baking and cooking with me, but they both don't care for cupcakes or really cake for that matter.  They're all about the frosting, candy treats on top, sprinkles, etc.  So what they really enjoy doing is eating the toppings off.  We made chocolate cupcakes...I don't know what it is but since I became pregnant with Violet, I started liking chocolate cake instead of vanilla.  Go figure!
 
Here's what you need to make these yummy treats:
-cupcake flavor of your choice...bake as directed
-blue frosting and blue sugar sprinkles (water)
-large gumdrops or fruit slices cut into circles (body)
-sour gummy worm cut in half (legs)
-black frosting to make eyes and mouth
 
Ava had fun decorating these before swimming lessons this morning.  What a beautiful smile she has!

My Boo showing me the first one he made. 

Our yummy treats!

Andy discovered some new buttons on our camera and was experimenting with them.  Violet was his model.  Here's our baby doll!

Love those big eyes!
 
Chillin' with Jackson!

I love my Daddy!

Violet loves her Build-a-Bear princess bear.  She loves holding it when I change her diaper on the changing table. 

Ava cuddling with her little sis!  These two love each other so much.  I love hearing Ava talk to Violet and hearing Violet respond with her little coos.
 
 
My Three Happy's:
1) Violet slept 10 minutes shy of 12 hours last night.  That was great!
2) I am so proud of how much Ava has improved with her swimming abilities this year.  She barely put her head under water last year and is now gliding and doing the crawl stroke.  She's been working really hard on her back glide and back stroke too. 
3) Our family is cuddling on the couch watching America's Got Talent tonight.  Time to relax and unwind from the day!
 
My Favorite:
I love the smell of one of my new Scentsy Bars.  It's called "A Wink and a Smile."

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those octopus cupcakes, Ava and Isaiah! What a good job you did and it looks like so much fun to make them! Can you come up sometime and show me how to do it? Love you all! Grandma V. xo

    ReplyDelete