Little Miss Violet will be here before we know it and her big sister and brother are thrilled. Babies bring TONS of diapers, wipes, bottles, toys, clothes, strollers...the list goes on and on and on and on! The other day Andy and I were doing some things in Violet's room and Ava and Isaiah had so much fun taking care of their stuffed animals and dolls.
The kids practiced their diapering skills. Isaiah knew exactly how to do it...it must be from watching Julie (his babysitter). Once I showed Ava which way to lay the diaper, she was a pro. I see some helpers in the future! They also had fun feeding their animals and dolls with bottles.
Miss Ava showing off one of the diapers she put on her Build-a-Bear.
Time to put another diaper on Theodore the chipmunk.
Isaiah was making sure Mr. Puppy had enough to eat. They took all of Violet's small toys, loaded their Build-a-Bear strollers up and were off. They kept themselves entertained for at least an hour. Every once in a while they'd take the occasional break and have Mommy and Daddy babysit. Watching them just made my heart melt. They're going to be so helpful and so loving to their new sister.
Here are a few pictures of the nursery so far. I've always been all about the pink and purple colors for girls. For some reason I was drawn to yellow and gray this time. After finding this beautiful bedding set online, I fell head over heals for this color scheme. Ideally the bedding was featured with a white wood crib, dresser, and changing table...but since we had the chocolate brown stuff already, we used that. I actually like it better. One of my favorite things is the frame on the wall from Pier One. It has chicken wire and clothes pins that run up and down and across it. So far we've clipped the pictures that Ava and Isaiah have made for Violet.
A newly inspired bookshelf idea...courtesy of Pinterest. Violet's room is the smallest room in our house so we wanted to make the most of the space. These two shelves started with one crate that was cut directly down the middle. Andy added some extra support on the back and then attached them to the wall. We...meaning Andy of course...still have to stain them to match the crib. They're the perfect height for little hands to reach and I like how they hold the books in safely...there won't be books falling on little toes. Ava and Isaiah requested these in their room after seeing them.
The curtain and name banner that I made.
Just a little glimpse of the other side of the room. I still need to find the lamp shade I want to put on this little storage unit and those two white shelves will be possibly become a home to these frames or other little decorations we accumulate.
This is the dresser/changing table. There are still a few wall hangings I want to get. I found this cute one on Esty with the phrase, "You Are My Sunshine." I liked it but may find something else I like better.
I made Violet's name banner with scrap booking paper glued to pendants. The letters are glued on and a gray/white chevron ribbon is holding them together. I found these cute gray rose type flowers for the ends that I really liked. I...again I mean Andy....will raise it up a little bit later but we stuck it up there for now so we could see how it looks. The room's pretty much ready but I still want to add a few extra touches. Some nights when the kids are in bed I find myself sitting in the rocking chair just thinking about what it's going to be like to hold her. I did that with both of the kids. There's something so peaceful about just closing your eyes and imagining your child in your arms. I'm sure there will be many late nights...many many late nights spent in this nursery. With Ava and Isaiah those were the most exhausting times but I loved those quiet moments when everyone else was asleep and it was just us.
My Three Happy's:
1) Woo Hoo for me! Failed the first glucose test...thought I had gestational diabetes but passed the 3 hour test with no problem. In reality I wasn't that worried since I experienced the same thing with Isaiah. At least that's one problem that I don't have to worry about.
2) The kids and I started making our valentines this weekend. They are so cute. I found a cute little gumball machine template that says, "Happy Valentine's Day...I 'chews' you." On the top of the machine you attach a small bag of gumballs. Maybe you get the idea but I'll post a picture soon. Again...courtesy of Pinterest. I've always bought valentines but both kids were all about making these...homemade are so much more fun to do!
3) Rules of Engagement...one of our favorite TV shows was on tonight for the first time this season. It's pretty funny!
My Favorite Thing:
**Ribbon...since I've been doing a few extra projects here and there I've discovered how many unique types of ribbon you can find. With ribbon comes endless possibilities. I've started to accumulate lots of crafting supplies lately and I told Andy I can see myself having a craft room in the future.
Love little Violet's room! It is really looking so cozy and fun. Can't wait for her to actually be in it! Won't be long! And what a good job Ava and Isaiah did with their diaper practice! Fun times ahead! Love you all.! xo
ReplyDelete