Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ugh!

Technology...it's so easy to love...and it's so easy to "not love."  The Blogger website has been experiencing difficulties and some blog sites have been effected by this.  Of course our family blog is one of those.  At this point the option to upload pictures DOES NOT WORK.  I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't posted anything for quite some time...over a month actually.  I have Christmas pictures waiting on my camera, pictures of the kids playing in the foot of snow we had a while back, and lots of other random ones of us making crafts and projects. 

In the time being I guess I'll just write...better that than nothing. 

We've been nothing short of busy around here.  The kids are busy with school and making messes around the house with their games, craft projects, and creative play.  Who would have thought that 9 rolls of Sam's Club paper towels could be so entertaining!  I love watching their little minds create things.

The baby's nursery is about done.  We have a few little touches to do...add a few more wall hangings and shelves and wash the new baby clothes.  I have a running list of things to get.  After 4 years with no baby around you kind of forget how much stuff you need.  My Target list is getting longer and longer each day.  I found this cute Pintrest idea to take a wooden crate and cut it in half to make bookshelves that hang on the walls.  Since the baby's room is the smallest this really helps save on space.  When we get those up I'll post pictures...if this site ever works again.

My mind has been on overload lately...particularly at night.  Thoughts race through my head of how much I really have to do before this little one comes.  I have SOOO much to get done at school.  I have seven pages of sub plans typed already but that's nothing compared to what's ahead of me.  I know I'll get done with everything but it seems so overwhelming at times.  I won't be back for the rest of the year and because I'm so picky with how things are done I want everything planned down to the last detail.  I just keep thinking...it WILL get done!

Knock on wood...because our family has been perfectly healthy so far this winter...with the exception of Isaiah having an ear infection.  I'm so thankful that we haven't experienced all that yet.   I keep crossing my fingers!

I guess I'll write posts every now and then until this photo issue is resolved.  This blog still serves as a journal of the things we do so I might as well keep it going.  Hope you all have a fun and relaxing weekend!

My Three Happy's:
1) I signed Ava and Isaiah up for the Big Sister Big Brother class at the hospital.  It's an hour class for children their age that teaches them about how they can help around the house, how to hold a baby, and it takes them on tour of the birthing floor of the hospital so they can see where I'll be staying.  We're going to this with my friend Marissa and her family. 

2) I don't drink ANY caffeine when I'm pregnant...well every once in a while I may have a sip of Andy's pop.  My Dad got me some decaf Christmas Blend from Starbucks.  A few mornings or nights a week I savor the smell of that coffee brewing and the taste of it with my French vanilla creamer.  So good and so relaxing!

3) The weekend is almost here! Yippee!

My Favorite Thing:
*This is going to sound crazy but it's really good.  While waiting for an OB appointment the other day I was reading through a pregnancy magazine that talked about healthy snacks.  It said to take celery stalks, spread strawberry cream cheese on them, and then sprinkle them with sunflower seeds.  Sounds weird...but it's really yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amy! I had a friend with this problem and evidently if you access the internet via a different web browser than Internet Explorer (for example, use Google Chrome or Firefox), then it will allow you to upload photos. Good luck! Hope you're feeling well and I totally agree with you on the delicious power of a cup of coffee :)

    ReplyDelete