Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Little of This and a Little of That

As promised I'm posting random pictures that I had taken throughout the past few weeks.

Both kids LOVE and I mean LOVE watermelon.  This is probably one of their favorite fruits...besides raspberries.  We bought one of those mini seedless ones at Sam's Club and the kids and I ate the whole thing one night while Andy was at a track meet.

My Boo loves watermelon too.   Watermelon slices=smiles!

Beautiful days outsides makes for a fun jeep ride.  Who would have thought that empty water bottles would bring almost an hour of entertainment.  I think I found 8 of them in our recycling container and the first thing we played was "knock the pins down."  I set the bottles on a large stool and the kids took turns throwing a ball at them and tried to knock them all down.  That was followed by "Pet Shop."  The kids found "pretend" bugs around the yard...sticks, grass, flower petals, rocks...and put them into jars.  They turned part of the yard into a shop and I was the customer that they sold their pets too.  The last thing we did was "hide the bottles."  For the first few rounds I would hide these 8 bottles all over the yard and the kids would each find 4.  Then Ava and Isaiah took turns hiding them.  Go figure...all those toys in the house...nope...just a simple plastic water bottle will do.
Ava came home from school the other day and told me she was supposed to do a sink/float activity at home.  She said they talked about this at school that afternoon.  So the kids took tall glasses of water and gathered random things around the house to experiment with.  They found crayons, toys, coins, pieces of candy, and much more.  They loved this!  I even used my teacher lingo and told them to "predict" what they thought would happen before they put the object in the water.

Little Miss Scientist!

My Three Happy's:
1) Andy's done with track...he had his last meet tonight at Boone.  Yippee!!!
2) 11 1/2 days of school left
3) My precious little ones...tonight Ava practiced writing her first, middle, and last name and read some stories to me.  Isaiah practiced his name...still working hard on that /s/, and worked on identifying his lowercase letters and some sounds.  I'm really excited to do more with the kids over the summer.  The both LOVE to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment