Can I tell you how crazy I've gone not being able to blog? It kind of felt like I was going through withdrawal for the first few days. I knew it would eventually work again but kept thinking...when????
Phase 1 of "Catching Up" was our trip to the Shrine Circus a few weeks ago. Tim (Andy's sister's boyfriend) is a Shriner and got us tickets. The kids had to much fun. We only made it through half of the show last year and this year we stayed until the end.
What's a circus without cotton candy, snow cones, and popcorn??
Seriously...I don't know how this guy kept running in this circle while spinning so high in the air...with no safety net! It reminded me of a hamster wheel.
I think my favorite part of watching the tigers was when some of them would high five the other when they were done doing a trick. It was so cute!
This guy was dancing on a disco ball...he thought he was pretty cool!
We loved the elephants too! They'd smile when they did tricks!
Motorcycles on wires...now that was right up Isaiah's alley!
After the circus the kids wanted to go to Joe's Crab Shack by Jordan Creek. They loved it! Isaiah has developed quite a taste for seafood...Ava...not so much. She'll just stick to either burgers or chicken fingers. In all my shopping trips at Jordan Creek I've never walked around that little lake area. It was really pretty!
They have this area that they must use for outdoor concerts. Ava was dancing along on one of the seating rows and was acting silly.
Ava and Isaiah had us stay in the sitting area while they put on a dance show for us. This was such a fun day!
The weather has been soooo out of the ordinary lately! It's been beautiful! I don't think it's gotten below 65 degrees during the day for the past 2 weeks. We've been able to spend so much more time outside then we typically do during this time of year. The kids are more exhausted, which means they both go to bed earlier. It's 8:15 and everyone is sleeping! Stay tuned for the next "Catching Up" post tomorrow..."Hippity, Hoppity Easter's On It's Way."
My Three Happy's:
1) This computer works again. I tried the same thing over and over and over again. It just wouldn't connect. Then last night...it finally worked. I have no idea what I did...but apparently something different than what I had been doing. Wish I would have written down the steps I took in case this happens again!
2) 35 days of school left!! YEAH!
3) Our Disney vacation is getting closer and closer each day! Ava and Isaiah have both informed me that we're not supposed to tell them when we are leaving. They want it to be a surprise like last time. When we went two Decembers ago we didn't tell them when we were going to leave. We woke them up EARLY, got dressed in record time, and had donuts and juice waiting for them in the car. Apparently they liked that and want to do that again. Ava also informed me that she would like to be woken up first. Someone must want to wake up her brother like she did last time.
No comments:
Post a Comment