Friday, August 19, 2011

Yep...the Time has Come

Wow!  I am beyond exhausted!  Teaching those first few days back is very tiring.  Establishing routines, rules, and then trying to teach and keep 20 new 1st graders from falling asleep in the afternoon is challenging work.  These poor kids asked me on the first day, "Mrs. Richardson, when is it rest time?"  Unfortunately we don't have a rest time in 1st grade and their little bodies shut down around 2:00 it seems.  The year is off to a great start.  I think I have a good class so far.  Some little ones haven't quite come "out of their shell" yet, but I'm sure it will happen soon.  I have a very energetic bunch and a lot of cuties!  I'm hopeful this will be a fun year!

I'm to tired to even post the bazillion pictures I have so words will have to do for now.  Ava and Isaiah started back at daycare and LOVE it.  Ava also starts her 4 year old preschool program on Monday and can't wait.  She's been busy decorating the placemat that they will be laminating and using for snack time.  As you know I love craft projects and wanted it to be "just right," but I decided to let Ava take it over and create what she wanted.  So far she drew with lots of crayon, glued on two pictures of our family at Disney World, attached a sticky note that I wrote to her, and glued these fabric letters we had for her name.  I'm sure more will come this weekend.  Andy and I decided not to send Isaiah to the 3 year old program this year.  We figured since he'll be in the 4 year old program next year, EK (early kindergarten...because of his age), and then kindergarten...that seemed like enough!  Our little man turns 3 soon!  Can't believe it!

Tonight was the Fall Sports Kickoff at Ballard.  Andy's football team scrimmaged while they introduced all the other athletes from the other fall sports.  Ava and Isaiah were so excited to go...although they were a bit disappointed that there were no cheerleaders cheering and no marching band.  That will come next week with the opening game against Dallas Center Grimes...my sister's town.  Tonight we bought a few glow in the dark Ballard necklaces, new T-shirts, and two windbreaker coats for the kids.  I got myself a new sweatshirt...you can't get enough Ballard gear!

Yeah for the weekend and back at it Monday for a full week of school!  Wish us luck...and I'll post more soon!

My Three Happy's:
1) Friday night football...LOVE IT!
2) Tomorrow is Saturday...pajamas can stay on as long as we'd like them to!
3) This weekend, I'm going to take Mr. Isaiah to the store to pick out the pirate cake he wants for his b-day party next Sunday...hopefully we'll find something really unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment